Protect against trademark infringement
National recognition in all 50 states
Protect against registration of confusingly similar marks
Provides Notice of trademark ownership
Grants right to use ® symbol
Grants right to sue and obtain damages
Provides basis for foreign registration
A trademark may be many things – a word, phrase, symbol sound, design, shape, color, scent, taste or any combination of these – that identifies and distinguishes the source of goods or services of one party from those of another.
Examples of trademarks include: Brand Names, Product Names, Slogans, Logos, Product Shapes, Fictitious Characters, and JinglesLearn More
What Types Of
Trademarks Can I
Comprehensive Trademark Search & Opinion
- U.S.P.T.O database search
- State Search
- Common Law Search
- Corporate Name Search
- Corporate Directories Search
- Domain Name Search
- Social Media Search
- Search Report & Attorney Drafted Opinion Letter
U.S. Federal Trademark Registration
- Comprehensive Trademark Search
- Search Report & Attorney drafted opinion letter
- 1-on-1 post-search phone consultation with Attorney
- Preparation and filing of federal trademark application
- Response to any non-substantive office actions
- Monitor application and delivery of registration certificate
- Florida Trademark Registation
- International Trademark Registation
- Statement of Use (SOU) 1(b)
- Amendment to allege use (AAU)
- Trademark Renewals & Declarations
- USPTO Office Action responses
- USPTO Request for extension
- Trademark Consultation
- IP & Branding Strategy Session
- Business IP (Trademark) Mapping
- IP Assignment & Recordation
- Licensing Agreements
- Trademark Monitoring Services
- Cease and Desist Letters
What is a trademark?
A trademark or service mark can be a word, symbol, design, phrase or any combination of these, that identifies your goods or services and distinguishes them from the goods or services of another. Trademarks and service marks are both commonly referred to as marks or trademarks. Trademarks are a vital and valuable part of any successful business, providing protection to both businesses and consumers. By helping consumers determine the source of particular products and/or services, trademarks provide protection against consumer confusion in the marketplace. For businesses, trademarks provide enormous value by building brand recognition, goodwill and reputation, and can account for a significant portion of a companies overall value.
Here are a few examples of how trademarks may exist within a business or brand:
- Company/Business names
- Product/Service Names
- Product packaging
Why should I register my trademark?
U.S. Federal Trademark Registration provides the trademark owner with a number of important benefits, including but not limited to:
- U.S. Federal Trademark Registration constitutes “constructive use” of the trademark nationwide, as of the application filing date.
- Registration creates a legal presumption that you are the rightful owner of the trademark. The registration certificate serves as proof of ownership in Federal Court, without the need for additional evidence.
- Trademarks are listed in the USPTO database, providing notice of your trademark ownership and rights to the world.
- Helps deter others from using or trying to register your trademark or one confusingly similar with the USPTO.
- U.S. registration can be used as a basis for filing for trademark protection in foreign countries.
- Grants the right to bring a lawsuit concerning the trademark in federal court
- May use the federal trademark registration symbol, ®, with your trademark to show that you are registered with the USPTO.
- Allows you to record your registration with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), to stop the importation of trademark infringing goods.
- Trademark owners may license their marks while still retaining ownership, as well as, transfer ownership through a written assignment.
- Trademark registration can be extremely valuable in your business and brand.
What is the difference between goods and services?
Is my business name and domain name trademarks?
How much does it cost to register a trademark?
How long does it take to register a trademark?
What is included in the firm’s U.S. Trademark Registration Service?
Trademark Insights & Resources
What Every Business Owner Should Know About Forming a Business Entity Starting a business is…
What Every Business Owner Should Know About Trademarks If you’re a business owner, safeguarding your…
5 Things to Consider Before Starting Any Business Starting a new business is a thrilling…
Launching a new business venture can be an exhilarating and challenging endeavor. In the whirlwind…
As an entrepreneur, understanding your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) is essential for personal…
In today’s competitive business landscape, safeguarding your brand’s unique identity is crucial. Trademark registration plays…
What you need to know about Trademark What is a Trademark? A trademark or service…
10 Encouraging Small Business & Entrepreneurship Stats There’s no shortage of down right terrifying statistics…
As 2020 comes to a close, many small businesses are struggling to stay afloat. We’ve…